Sundays are all about gaining spiritual food. Loving Your Spirit tonight was filled with tips for adding more happiness to your life. Saturday night I attended a party where grown people were totally in the moment having fun. There was no talk of kids, bills, careers or any other daily grind. It was refreshing!
Similar to that refreshing outing, here are some other tips for increasing happiness on a daily basis…
1. Make room. It’s hard to add excitement to your life if your life is overflowing with mindless tasks and chores. Can you simplify, delegate, or eliminate any of these boring and mindless tasks to make room for excitement? Sometimes we fill our lives with these things in order to avoid stretching ourselves toward happiness. Is that you?
2. Shake up your morning routine. Instead of following the same wake-up routine every day, do it differently on occasion. Get up ten minutes early and have breakfast outside. Turn off the TV and put on music. Make love before work. Drive a different way. Just starting your day differently will give you a little thrill.
3. Be the host. Take the initiative to entertain, and invite friends or family over for dinner or something different — like a wine tasting or game night.
4. Move your furniture. Rearrange or redecorate a room, switching things up enough that it feels new and different.
5. Go cheer. Attend a competitive, fast-paced sporting event like tennis, basketball, or racing where the energy and excitement of the sport is contagious.
Find 21 more tips here!