The Baltimore Orioles closed out a 3-game series with the Toronto Blue Jays, beating them 3-2, to take 2 out of 3 games against the Jays at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The O’s rode a strong 7-inning pitching performance by righthander Miguel Gonzalez, who gave up 1 run on just 2 hits. He was relieved in the 8th inning by Tommy Hunter, who allowed 1 run on 3 hits. Oriole closer Jim Johnson pitched a scoreless 9th inning to record his league-leading 48th save of the season. Offensively, the Orioles were aided by a 2nd inning solo home run by catcher Matt Wieters, his 22nd of the season. The next inning was highlighted by an RBI double by right fielder Nick Markakis, and a sacrifice fly by Wieters. That turned out to be all the runs the Orioles would need to secure their 83rd victory against 76 losses.
- SHOP Cookie’s Closet From Empire
- Martin Lawrence Confirms The Sequel To "A Thin Line Between Love And Hate" Is On The Way
- You Need This Salary To Own A House In These US Cities...
- Raheem DeVaughn Previews Love, Sex And Passion Album [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Katt Williams Brings Down The House In Baltimore! [Video]
- Is Denzel Washington About To Join ‘Empire’?
- World's Best Recipes!