Magic 95.9 2nd Minority Business Exchange was held this past Wednesday, March 30th at the Reginald F.Lewis Museum. This month theme was all about the power of social networks and how to use technology to build your business.
The Internet has become an essential marketing and advertising tool for businesses. It is important for a business to exist on the internet because it makes it very easy for consumers to find you and learn more about your company.
The presenters for this month MBE were the top digital minds in the MD area. There presentations were filled with insightful tools on how to grow and maintain your on-line community. Here is some of the knowledge they shared:
- Companies should be utilizing the “The Big 5” in social network: Blogging, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- If you’re building a business or you are a business make a personal and business page
- Knowing your target audience is the first thing you do before launching a project.
- Build the Buzz to any project that you’re launching before, during and after.
- Be available to your online community by answering all their inquiries in a timely manner.
- Never use personal data on the web
- Although we live in a social network age, those old school principles are still in effect.
The “Minority Business Exchange” is a chance for business leaders, entrepreneurs, and professionals to network and learn from some ofMaryland’s top business minds. The event happens the last Wednesday of the month throughout the summer.
Check out the pictures below of this month MBE event.